Thursday, September 1, 2011

Catalina.

Last week at the Angel game, Amy asked me what I was doing on my birthday. I told her I was working, and she asked me if I could have the day off. I told her if I really wanted it off, I could probably have it off. She then told me that Marianne told her you can go on the Catalina Express for free on your birthday. I then said "Uh yeah I'm gonna try to make that happen!" I've been wanting to go for a while, but it's so expensive and knew that this was the least expensive way for me and Amy to go. After getting approval from my wonderful brother/boss, we invited Debbie and we were all super excited! Our original plan was to go out of Dana Point, but when I called to make reservations, the morning boat was full so we had to go out of Long Beach. My house is actually in between the 2, so it wasn't that much further (just less convenient).

Luckily the boat didn't leave till 10am, so I was able to have my traditional birthday breakfast with my sister :) She made yummy bacon, eggs, and pancakes! :) I also got lots of love from cutie Alana. Amy and Debbie arrived shortly after and we were on our way. Traffic wasn't bad and we got there just in time to not have to wait forever to get on :)


















The boat ride was about an hour and 15 minutes and after buying a deck of cards, the time really went by fast. When we got off, we rented a locker and headed for kayaking.


















We were really thankful we changed into our bathing suits because we got really wet. After kayaking we walked around a bit, looking at some shops and keeping an eye out for a place to eat lunch.


















Then we rented bikes and went on a bike ride to a beach around the bend a bit. On the map they gave us, it looked a lot further than it really was (as in we walked back later!). It was still fun though :)


















We ate lunch after our bike ride and then decided to go back to Descanso Beach and hung out for a little bit.

Then we had dessert on our way back to the boat. Do you remember SLO and the amazing cake ice cream? Well I found it again!! Birthday cake ice cream on my birthday!!


















By that time, it was time to head back to the boat.


















I had an extremely fun birthday!! Thanks to Amy and Debbie for going with me and thanks to Aaron for giving me the day off!! More celebrations to come this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment