I'm at it again...baking that is. Pinterest style {if you haven't noticed, I'm obsessed}.
I found this and HAD to try it. Oreos, butter, and marshmallows. Like rice crispy treats, but better {or so I thought}. I'm having friends over for dinner tomorrow night and thought I'd make it for dessert. I chose it because they can be easily transported {to Carlsbad} this weekend so the {extended} fam could enjoy too {or so was the plan}.
I melted. I stirred. I added. I stirred. And then I made the first mistake: I followed the directions. The directions said to put tin foil in the dish. It said nothing about greasing it and since I've never worked with foil like that, I didn't really think to. Big mistake. Big. Huge.
It was so incredibly hard to get the foil off the bottom of the treats. I spent a couple minutes working on it and then made my second mistake. Not really thinking {is this a trend today or what?} I flipped it over, but, not wanting to make a mess, I placed it on a paper towel instead of directly on the counter. Big mistake. Big. Huge.
This is what happened:
FAIL. So this is what happened next:
Yup, that's right. Straight to the trash. I was able to save a few, but didn't have the patience to save the rest. If they were to-die-for, I would have. But really? I could have lived my life without trying them. Not that they were terrible...just not delish.
So, I'm searching Pinterest for another recipe since I'm dessert-less for my dinner party tomorrow night...
Such a bummer. They did look good tho! If your looking for an easy no bake quickie, these are some of my favorite! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cooking-live/chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies-recipe/index.html
ReplyDeleteAnd this one has Nutella. http://www.shugarysweets.com/2011/08/nutella-no-bake-cookies.html?m=0
I hope you find something for your dinner party!!!
The little you were able to save was the most delicious chocolate treat ever!
ReplyDelete