It could be because summer doesn't mean as much to me now as it did when I was a kid; or the pretty colors of the trees (that are sparse here in So Cal); or the warm days and cool nights and mornings. And for those of you who think September is usually cool, I tell you to look back at your Facebook posts every September and tell me that you don't say how hot it is and that it's supposed to be cool by now. Every year. Ummm....September is usually just as hot as July and August! Just sayin'... ;)
There are pumpkins to carve, apples to pick, and best of all, Snickerdoodle cup cakes to eat. And even with the depressing days to come, when it gets dark at 5pm and I no longer can go on a walk when I get home from work, this just might make up for it:
It is autumn to me. It captures the season so perfectly and I look forward to it. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that this year there's a sweet little blessing due in the middle of it all :)

No comments:
Post a Comment