Can you figure out what these photos have in common?
All on Christmas morning? Close, but nope.
There's a super cute girl in all of them? Well, that's true, but not the answer I'm looking for ;)
They all have my Ducky Blanket? Ding ding ding!! Oh how I love my Ducky Blanket. Yes, I am 29 years old and I still sleep with a "blankie". I have no shame! If my house were on fire and I could only grab one thing, that would be it. Hands down. Almost everything else in my house can be replaced.
It's been through a lot...it has a stain from, ironically, {wood} stain, that my mom dropped on it many many years ago. She came to my room for some reason with a wet paint brush of stain and it dripped on it somehow. I remember watching it happen... :( It has traveled all over with me. I almost left it on the houseboat at Lake Powell...luckily I couldn't find it {literally} as we were leaving, and {I think} Marianne so wonderfully ran down the docks with me to find it on the couch. I was already in tears, so I couldn't imagine what would have happened if it wasn't there or I realized too late!
It doesn't quite look like it does in that last picture. Originally it was a flannel sheet, but since it's been extremely loved over the years, it's now faded, the ducks aren't even visible, and it's so thin it's see through. I've had to sew the edges a few times, and even though it's been washed hundreds of times, it always gets that smell back....the smell that can comfort me when I'm sad and helps me fall asleep. I sure hope my future hubby doesn't mind me snuggling with it at night ;)
Some may say it's weird, but I don't really care. It's me and I love it!
{P.S. In that first picture, I have no idea why I would allow Marianne to be wrapped up in it. That thing has always been off limits to other people... :) }





you look like alana in the last pic, or she looks like you i guess! and you forgot to mention that you stole that 'blanket' from dad! it was his christmas present first!
ReplyDelete