I know, I know. It’s what they’re called, I promise. I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried; I’m not that clever {or dirty}.
I wanted to make some treats for my friends who came over tonight, but wanted to spice it up and do something more than just regular cupcakes or brownies. Enter Pioneer Woman. Don’t go thinking I’m cheating on my new love though. I found this recipe before I found Pinterest {although I added it so it’s there now}, and it’s a good thing. I have so many pins under my “Delish!” board that I so desperately want to make, this recipe probably would have been at the bottom of my list.
So, what are Knock You Naked Brownies? They’re German chocolate cake mix with evaporated milk and butter {to make them brownie-like}, with melted caramel and chocolate chips in the middle. The result? Um….yeah…wow! They are so deliciously amazing, it should be a sin. Thankfully they’re not {a sin that is}, otherwise I may have to ask for a lot more forgiveness than normal today {and maybe tomorrow too}.
In case you have the desire to make these delicious treats {and you should}, I have a few tips.
1) You can microwave the caramel squares and evaporated milk in the microwave; just make sure to stir it every 30-45 seconds. And it will all mix together; just keep stirring/melting until it does.
2) Getting the top layer of dough on {over the melted caramel} is kinda tricky. I spread it out in a dish of the same size and it totally fell apart as I was taking it out and trying to put it on. It looked terrible with lots of cracks and caramel exposed, but once it cooked, the cracks sorta disappeared and didn’t look so bad. What I would do next time is put it in the refrigerator while I’m doing the other steps so it’s colder and less fragile.
3) I didn’t use Duncan Hines like the recipe said (although the picture in the recipe is Betty Crocker), only because I couldn’t find it in German chocolate. I used Betty Crocker instead and was slightly concerned because it was about 3 ounces less in weight than DH. I used a tiny bit less evaporated milk and butter to make up for the less mix. I think it turned out fine. So if you can’t find the right weight or brand, don’t worry too much about it.
4) A glass of milk or scoop of ice cream to accompany is a great idea :)
No comments:
Post a Comment