Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mozzarella Sticks, Lasagna Rolls, and Cupcakes {Oh My!}.

As I mentioned yesterday, I had friends over tonight for dinner. Do you remember this or this? I have known these girls since early elementary school.

I wanted to get together with them and decided since I have so many things I want to make from Pinterest, I would have them over for dinner at my house instead of going out. I decided to make mozzarella sticks for an appetizer, lasagna rolls for dinner, and Chewy No-Bake Cookies & Cream Treats chocolate cupcakes with That's the Best Frosting I've Ever Had for dessert.

I made the mozzarella sticks and lasagna rolls yesterday, which I'm glad I did. Between that, my epic fail of CNBC&CT, and the dishes that resulted from all that, I wasn't done until about 7:30. I decided to go home on my lunch break today to make the cupcakes. It said 40 minutes total and even though I thought I'd have enough time after work to get it done, I didn't want to have to be crunched for time. I'm so glad I did because I barely had enough time to get everything else done {make frosting, frost them, set the table, warm the sauce & add garlic, cook the mozzarella sticks, among other things}. Random side note: I love how organized I am. I don't understand how unorganized people function. At all. It stresses me out thinking out it. Moving on....

Mozzarella Sticks:


















Yummy and so incredibly easy! String cheese, egg, and bread crumbs. The recipe said to fry them, but I decided to bake them instead {much healthier} and they were just as delish {well maybe not just as delish, but close enough I'm sure}. Mozzarella Sticks: Success!

Lasagna Rolls:


















Yummy and so incredibly easy! I'll admit that I cheated though. I bought spaghetti sauce instead of making the real stuff. I added some spices and garlic and it tasted wonderful. Oh and I'm pretty sure I used more cheese than it called for. Are you surprised? Lasagna Rolls: Success!

Chocolate Cupcakes and That's the Best Frosting I've Ever Had:

























Yummy and so incredibly easy! I'll admit I went back and forth about what my alternate dessert would be. I seriously considered making these brownies but I really wanted to make That's the Best Frosting I've Ever Had ~ for 2 reasons. 1) The name. I just had to try it. 2) It calls for FLOUR. And no powdered sugar. Add in the name, I had to try it. Um...yeah. That's NOT the best frosting I've ever had. Seriously. It wasn't terrible, but not great either. It might have been that it was mostly butter. And it tasted mostly like butter. I have another recipe I will try next time. Now, the cupcakes {minus the frosting}. Oh. Em. Gee. I think it's The Best Cupcake I've Ever Had. TPC who? Seriously. Um...yeah. I ate 2. In a row. And if I wasn't so full and there wasn't anyone there to judge me, I probably would have had another one. SO YUMMY. I've never made them from scratch before and I'm hooked. Thank you, Pioneer Woman. Frosting: Fail. Cupcakes: MAJOR success.

So, here are me and my loves {Nicole, me, Jamie}:


















What a fun night of yummy food and great company! :)

This will be my last post for a few days so don't go thinking I've fallen off the face of the earth. I'm off to Carlsbad tomorrow for some family time. Don't miss me too much ;)

1 comment: