I am a very visual person. I need to see things for them to click in my brain and I'm the Queen of lists because I have a terrible memory. Last week I decided that I needed to have some sort of visual reminder of the people in my life I am/should be praying for. I came to this conclusion for a couple reasons: I want to be more intentional in my prayer life as well as more consistent. If I have a visual reminder I'll be able to attain both {or at least that's the goal}.
At first my vision was extremely basic - a one page laminated sheet with names that I could use a dry erase marker to write specific things to pray for for each person. I didn't like the way the one page was turning out so I started thinking of different things I could do. I thought maybe a French Memo Board {it's real name, I promise} would be good because then I could do a flash card for each person and be able to take each one down and write on it. That's when I decided to really get creative. Enter Pinterest. I had been to the site once before and didn't understand it. At all. Random pictures? Uh, no thanks. But SO many people on Facebook had mentioned it that I decided to give it a try. As I've said before, it's AMAZING! I searched around and found a fabric covered magnetic board tutorial that was just what I needed {and wanted}.
I knew I would need a picture frame and {I'm not even kidding you} I walk to the back of the office to get something and found a random {empty} picture frame by the back door. I don't remember ever seeing it before {although it's probably because I wasn't looking}. And it was the perfect size! I asked around to see who's it was and turns out it wasn't being used for anything and it was given to me {for free!}. This ALL happened in the same day {one sheet idea to finding the picture frame}. Isn't God good?
Here is the picture frame, before:
I decided to take the white part off because it was fabric and wasn't sure how the spray paint would work on it. Plus it would give me a little more room on the board and make the frame slightly less bulky and busy. Thankfully it came off VERY easily.
After many steps and back breaking labor {of love}, I am totally in love with my new prayer board.
There are many more names than what's on there now; my plan is to switch them out weekly so I can have a rotation of people to pray for. Some will stay up all the time {like family and close friends}. I would also like to make some sort of title or heading but haven't decided how exactly or even what I want it to look like. I'm sure I'll find something on Pinterest that will inspire me :)
I don't even want to calculate the time and money spent on this, but it doesn't really matter. It's exactly what I want and it was all worth it. Even my aching body ALL day yesterday and some of today. Let's just say I'm not 20 anymore {even though I look it}! ;)

You went 'postal'! The board looks great thou, can't wait to check it out in person and see what 'prayer' you have down for me :)
ReplyDelete