Saturday, October 30, 2010

Taylor Swift.

You all know I’m a teeny bopper, so you shouldn’t be surprised that I bought Taylor Swift's new album. So far, I love it and I know that love will only grow (I already have 2 songs I could listen to over and over and over again (in case you care, Back to December and Last Kiss)). I don't think she has a spectacular singing voice (ever heard her live? It's not pretty), but I do think she is an incredibly talented song writer and I enjoy her music. What I don't understand about her though, is how she has so much to write about. She's 20! Though I'm not complaining, because if she didn't have anything to write about, I wouldn't be loving her and her music :) She wrote all 14 songs on the album by herself. You go girl!





















Something fun she did with the lyrics in the booklet is she coded a phrase in each song with capital letters. I didn't know what it was until I started writing it all down and felt like Ralphie on A Christmas Story (although these are better than 'Be sure to drink your Ovaltine').

Mine - Toby
Sparks Fly - Portland Oregon
Back to December - Tay (about Taylor Lautner)
Speak Now - You always regret what you don't say
Dear John - Loved you from the very first day (supposedly about John Mayer)
Mean - Thought you got me
The Story of Us - CMT Awards
Never Grow Up - Moved out in July
Enchanted - Adam
Better Than Revenge - You thought I would forget
Innocent - Life is full of little interruptions (about what Kanye West did to her at the 2009 VMAs)
Haunted - Still to this day
Last Kiss - Forever and always (Forever and Always was a song on her last album that was about Joe Jonas, so I'm thinking this song is about him too)
Long Live - For you

No comments:

Post a Comment