It has to have a big front porch with a swing. I want 5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms. Here's why: I want 3 kids and would like them each to have their own room when they're older; they can share a bathroom. Of course a master suite for me and the hubby and the extra bedroom and bathroom for an overnight guest, should we ever have one. The half bath for everyday guests. I don't really want 2 stories, but am thinking maybe having an upstairs bonus/play room for the kiddos. That way I can close off the mess and not have to look at it :) Maybe a finished attic off of that room upstairs (with lots of storage). I want a nice laundry room with 2 washing machines. Yes 2! I've always wanted 2 washing machines (one dryer is fine). I want electronic blackout curtains in every room (think The Holiday) as well as each room having their own temperature control. I want an attached garage of course with lots of storage. I want an indoor/outdoor space that has 3 outside walls of the house. It'll be covered by a real roof, and have a fireplace, kinda like this (technically it's outside, but has an inside feel):
I would like a pool and a spa, but want them deep in the backyard yet close enough to see from the kitchen window (that will face the backyard). Also, I want a fire pit (in addition to the other fireplace) near the pool. Out in one corner of the backyard, I want a nice barn/shed (that matches the style of the house) for all the outdoor toys. That's all I can think of at the moment. I know that it probably won't ever happen, but it's not going to stop me from dreaming :) Do you have any dreams like this?


I dream that somehow you would win the lottery and invite over for the housewarming ping-pong tournament and BBQ!
ReplyDeleteFunny, I have the same exact dream! Maybe we should start playing the lotto, like Josh suggested :-) Perhaps Josh would front the money and if we won we could give him a percentage of the winnings (post tax of course!)
ReplyDelete