Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day.

This weekend was simple and relaxing. Friday night I baked. Remember last Memorial Day? I went cake batter crazy. This year, I went crazy {when do I not when it comes to baking?} but not in a themed way. I wanted variety this time. I made buckeye brownies. Chocolate brownie, peanut butter filling, and chocolate peanut butter glaze. Um...hello yummy!

























Remember these? It was love at first taste. It's the brown butter that make them so special {if you've never experienced it, you're missing out}. I even attempted to marry another, but it didn't last long. I switched it up this time...instead of peanut butter truffles and chocolate chips, I used white chocolate chips and caramel bits. A match made in Heaven if you ask me!

























Then there's the classic vanilla cupcake. I wanted to switch up the frosting, and decided to make white chocolate butter cream. Kinda winged the recipe.

























Chocolate. Peanut butter. White chocolate. Caramel. Vanilla. I told you, I wanted variety. I think I succeeded ;)

Saturday morning I didn't do much. Cleaned a little and relaxed. In the afternoon, Adam, the kids, and I headed down to south county to have dinner with some friends. It was an awesome time.

























Yesterday we had a BBQ at my house {hence the reason for all the baking}. Another great evening with my favorite peeps.















































Today I went out to my grandparent's with Jen and the boys to visit. It was a great weekend spent with all my favorite peeps.

Happy Memorial Day ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment