But don't worry, I didn't let the 80 degree weather outside stop me. Luckily it's a typical fall day, so even though it's blazing outside, it's still cool inside {it's what I love so much about fall, the best of both worlds}. So, what are 'these babies'? They're Caramel Apple Cider Cookies. It's basically sugar cookies with apple cider drink mix and a caramel in the middle.
The result? Good, not great, and nothing like the CNBC&CT {although apparently I'm the only one who wasn't thrilled with them}. I will definitely do things differently next time. First off, I will use less apple cider drink mix. It's almost overwhelming and I think if it had a 'Is that you, Apple Cider?' rather than a 'Hello, Apple Cider!', it would be great. Secondly, I would make the cookies smaller. I didn't realize how big they would turn out and there definitely isn't enough caramel-cookie ratio. Thirdly, I will bake them at a lower temperature for longer. I burned a couple, even though I baked them for 3 minutes less than the recipe said to. All in all, I'd consider them a success :)
No comments:
Post a Comment