I have no idea what I did at work, but I was busy. Getting in later than normal...actually taking 'lunch' {and a long lunch at that}...taking a day off, probably all contributed a bit. And the fact that my head just wasn't there. It was elsewhere...on my sister...on my new nephew...on my
I can say that taking care of the kiddo is hard work. It really does take a village! I don't know how single parents do it. It's not about you...getting ready and out the door in 25 minutes with breakfast eaten and bed made isn't really an option with a little one. I knew it and prepared accordingly so getting out the door wasn't all that bad...but it definitely takes mental and physical preparation. Not to mention keeping up with the dishes, laundry, the trails left behind, and the crying at 3am, it can be exhausting {props to all the mommies and daddies!}.
But at the end of the day, taking care of the kiddo was the best, most important, and rewarding job. And you know what? She's not even mine! I can only imagine it will be multiplied with my own {as I'm sure the work will be too!}. I
thanks for taking such good care of my family, we're so fortunate :) and i apologize for my stubborn lil thing (she gets it from her daddy!!!), so here's to hoping lil k is more like mommy or we'll never get to vacation w/o em!!
ReplyDeleteIt really was my pleasure! I love your sweet girl so much and I can't wait to see who little Kai will turn out to be :) I'm sure even if he is like Alana, we'll manage if you want a vacay without them! Although I'm not sure how you'll manage day-to-day! ;)
ReplyDelete