Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cupcakes, Halloween Edition.

Since I found my super delish chocolate cupcake recipe, I've been wanting to find a really good vanilla cupcake recipe. I'm sorta having party in November, and wanted to test out the cupcakes before then, but my problem was that I didn't want to make 24 cupcakes...who the heck was gonna eat all those!? Then I thought of Light The Night and remembered they have a cupcake walk. Score! I get to test out my recipe, and donate the product to the church. Sounds like a win-win situation to me :)

So I took this recipe, and a couple ideas from Pinterest, and here is the finished product:

























Cute, yes? I think so too. I bought a new frosting tip and this is the first time I've used it. I tried it a few different ideas, and here are all the cupcakes:


















The result? They're pretty darn good! I used the butter cream recipe on the site too, and the only thing I will do different next time is use real vanilla extract. I wanted to try clear vanilla, because I've heard that's how you get whiter frosting. Well, it's a little whiter than if I would have used the real stuff, but the taste just isn't the same. It's...artificial and so not worth having whiter frosting. Lesson learned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment