Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cupcakes, Peppermint Edition.

My mom asked me last week if I would make cupcakes for a party she was having in her class. I said yes of course! We decided I would make chocolate peppermint cupcakes since it's a Christmas party and peppermint screams Christmas :) I didn't make Pioneer Woman's chocolate cupcakes because that recipe called for more butter and eggs than I had and didn't feel like going to the grocery store. Laziness sure has it's price because these cupcakes didn't even come close to Pioneer Woman's {I have extremely high standards for chocolate cupcakes now}. They were still good, but tasted like a box cake. And if my cupcakes are gonna taste like a box cake, I don't want all the extra work. It's just not worth it. The frosting more than made up for it though! White chocolate peppermint butter cream? Oh my, talk about delish! I had a recipe that I used as a 'guide' and ended up changing quite a bit. Mmmmmm. Turned out so good!

























Oh and the cupcakes have a fun surprise inside :) I <3 baking!

P.S. Happy Birthday Isaac! <3

1 comment: