Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Master Cleanse.

I'm about the embark on a adventure...a why-the-heck-did-I-want-to-do-this? kind of adventure. The kind that makes you question your sanity. I'm going to do The Master Cleanse. For those of you who won't click on that link {like everyone?}, The Master Cleanse is a cleansing diet that consists of water, lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. There are a few different ways to do it, but the whole program is 16 days. 3 days of ease-in, 10 days of the lemon mixture, and 3 days of ease-out. Don't worry, I'm not that extreme {which actually translates to: I'm a baby}. I'm only going to do 7 days.

I have a few different reasons for doing it {none of which are weight loss, just so you know}, the main one is because I don't like the way I feel. Over the past few months I haven't been eating all that well and I just feel....blah. I'm sure you know what I mean. Another reason I'm doing it is to regain some self control. I know that sounds silly, but I'm totally serious. I've considered fasting in the past, but didn't think I could do it. It's half physical, half psychological {it's also half spiritual, but that's too many halves!}. I want to re-set my body and my mind. The last reason is I think I might be lactose intolerant. I thought about cutting out dairy for a while, but thought...um, I can't do that. I eat dairy all the time {which is probably why I feel 'blah'}. I'm killing a lot of birds with one stone with this. I can do it {with God's help of course!}.

The next 7 days are going to be hard. Probably harder than I've prepared myself for. I don't do hungry well, but I know this is something I need to do for my physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual well being. I am not entering into this lightly and would appreciate your prayers and encouragement. Oh, and your forgiveness if I'm {more of} a *brat* ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment