Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day Treats.

I love Valentine's Day. To me it's about love, not necessarily romance. As usual, I made some treats for my friends and family. This year I added some cupcakes and chocolate pretzel thingys in the mix to go with the much loved sugar cookie.

I made 2 different types of cupcakes, because I just couldn't decide! I thought about doing red velvet, but decided against it because I wanted to try a new chocolate recipe and they're very similar. Then I found a recipe for pink velvet cupcakes and had to try it {really, all it is is a pink vanilla cupcake in case you're wondering}.

I wanted a much lighter pink, but went a little crazy with the food coloring. All the recipes I found for red velvet called for 3 tablespoons...so I thought I'll start with 1/2 teaspoon and go from there. Well, as you can see in the picture above, it was too much for what I wanted. Oh well!

Then I tried a new chocolate recipe...although I put my own twist on it. It calls for sour cream, and since I have issues with that ingredient, I used buttermilk instead. Then I added another ingredient: chocolate fudge instant pudding mix.

To say these cupcakes are moist is a understatement. Almost too much, but still so yummy!

Then I made these chocolate pretzel thingys {Pinterest inspired for sure!}.

And the widely loved sugar cookie {which is not Pinterest inspired, but step-grandma inspired}.

And this is what my family and friends got...


Happy Valentine's Day! <3

1 comment: