Thursday, January 10, 2013

Final Thoughts.

We had a great trip! Read Day 1 & 2,  Day 3, and Day 4 & 5 to catch up. Here are my random thoughts.
  • It was really nice being with people who knew the city well. It was like I had my own private tour guide :)
  • I drove Eric & Erin's Honda Odyssey home from Dan & Sandra's on Friday night...let me tell you. I've wanted a mini van for a while and now that I've actually driven one, I don't even need kids for that thing. Sign me up now!
  • Indiana has a sandwich place called Penn Station that I really like and I was hoping there would be one in Virginia. There wasn't, but they did have Potbelly, which has basically the same thing I get at Penn Station. Yum yum!
  • I saw this on Friday and had to take a picture for Jen & Marianne. They love Peeps!
  • The White House is actually a lot smaller than I thought.
  • The weather wasn't that bad. Thursday it was probably mid 30s. Friday and Saturday were low 40s and Sunday was low 50s. The coldest was walking back to the car at Arlington Cemetery at sunset on Saturday. Gloved fingers were frozen, even after pushing a 7 year old in a stroller for 10 minutes!
  • I want to go back here in the fall. Could you imagine the beauty?



No comments:

Post a Comment