Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lake Powell.

We got to Lake Powell Sunday afternoon about 1pm. Luckily we were able to check into our hotel early :) After we settled in we had lunch at the pizza place by the marina. It was kinda cold and windy!


















It cleared up a bit and since it was still early, we decided to go check out a canyon on the outskirts of Page. We found an Indian Reservation that gave tours to Corkscrew Canyon which is exactly what we wanted to do! :) I've been to Lake Powell countless times and this is one thing I've never done. The tour was interesting....we went on a bumpy ride down a sandy riverbed....


And it was VERY dusty. I mean, raining dust. I almost couldn't even open my eyes. But so worth it!!


















































After the tour we went to the newer marina, Antelope Point. It was partly there the last time we went, in 2006, but it has changed a lot since then!


















Then we went to Walmart to grab a couple things (including Tang since it was windy (although we never used it). A Lake Powell tradition is that when it's windy, we would put dry Tang on a spoon and let the wind blow the Tang into our mouths. Good times!). On our way back I took this picture, which is now the background on my computer at work :)


















We walked around the area for a little bit, and took some good pictures of the sunset:




















Then I had to wait for it to get dark to have some fun! I took a few good pictures of the stars :) You can see them better if you click on them.


















































We woke up early Monday morning to a beautiful day! We checked out and went over to do a boat tour of Antelope and Navajo Canyon. Being on a boat on Lake Powell is my favorite place in the entire world. Highlight of the entire trip for sure!
































































































































After the boat tour, we went down to the marina store to get ice cream :)


















Then we went to the swim beach and hung out for a bit. My favorite thing to do :)

After spending a couple hours laying on the beach, we packed up and started to head out. We stopped by a few places to check out some camping options for the future. One last picture by the lake... :)

Then we were off to Zion!

1 comment: