Our adventure began Thursday night, and we drove to Stateline. It was a long and late night, but we wanted to get a head start on our trip. We got up Friday morning and left for Bryce at about 9. We stopped at a rest stop on the way to eat lunch :)
We got to Bryce about 2:30 and had to wait to check into our hotel so we walked around a little. Once we were checked in, we went on a tour of the area that was put on by the park service.
After the tour we went to the general store to check it out and then went back to the room. I was wiped out from not sleeping well the night before, so I went to bed while my mom went to a seminar on slot canyons.
Saturday morning we got up and went on our first hike. It took us about 2 hours and it was amazing! Here we are before:
View on the hike:
This is what we had to come up!
After our hike, we went back to the room and relaxed! Then we decided to check out Inspiration Point:
And Bryce Point:
Then we headed into town, to Ruby's Inn for dinner. The town is really cute!
We went to change our reservations for horseback riding and they asked if we wanted to go to the rodeo that night. Since we had never been to one, and probably never would have the opportunity to, we decided to do it. It was a lot more entertaining than I thought!
This is Ryan. He rode this bull for more than 8 seconds! Crazy crazy!
When that was over, we went to a 'Dark Wars' presentation on the stars. It was so good! After the seminar, we went over to the Visitor Center to star gaze and to look through the telescopes. We saw so many stars! We learned at the seminar that Bryce Canyon is one of the darkest places in the world. We were able to see Saturn through the telescope and it was so cool! You could see the rings! Fun times :) If I would have been more prepared, I would have been able to take pictures of the stars, but you weren't allowed to have any light and I didn't have my camera prepared to not show the display. By the time it was over, the clouds had come in and I wasn't able to get any pictures :( It is my only regret of the trip, because Lake Powell and Zion Canyon were much brighter. Oh well!
Sunday morning we woke up to cold and rainy weather. We were supposed to go horseback riding, but we decided that we didn't want to go. Fortunately, they gave us our money back since the weather was so bad. It worked out great, because I wasn't all that thrilled about going horseback riding (I think the last time I was on a horse in Cabo scarred me for life) and we were able to get to Lake Powell a lot earlier than we had planed :) On our way to Powell, we stopped at Mossy Cave, which is outside of the actual park, but still part of Bryce.
After that we were warm in the car and on our way to Lake Powell! :)
Can't wait for the Powell Post! Do that one last!
ReplyDelete