We went on a lot of trips growing up. I say 'trips' because I don't really consider them vacations for a few reasons. My definition of a vacation is staying in a hotel and laying on a beach all day. These trips were nothing like that! They were much more work (for my parents!), but in the end, much more fun and adventurous. While I'm thankful for all the places we went growing up, my favorite trips were always at Lake Powell.
So many memories surround the many trips had there, I can't even begin to tell you. It's my favoritest (it's my made up word) spot in the entire world and I haven't been in almost 5 years (although it seems like SO much longer). That's about to change! My mom and I are going on a road trip to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park (both in Utah) in June, and even though Lake Powell isn't on the way or even all that close really, we're taking a day and going. I can't tell you how excited I am!! It brought tears to my eyes (seriously). June 20, 2011 will be a happy day for my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment