Thursday, April 28, 2011

Here I Go Again.

As some of you know (<-- click that link), I have a nice little big growth on my eye. I had it checked out last January by my primary care physician who thought it was surgical and referred me to an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist wasn’t concerned with it and didn’t recommend surgery. He said that since it was white, it had no blood supply and therefore couldn’t grow and that as long as it didn’t bother me there was no reason to remove it. Something about Pandora's Box (<-- click that link).

Well, he LIED. It’s gotten bigger. Decide for yourself:

January 2010




















April 2011




















And now it’s bothering me (I can feel it when I blink).

I called my PCP Monday morning and just heard back today (after following up this morning). Gotta love those HMOs, right? I can’t really complain because I don’t pay for it. Moving on…

I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist Tuesday morning to see about getting it removed (hopefully I don't have to cancel it because of my medical group, a whole other story....). As you may recall (<-- click that link), I didn’t fare so well last time when they put drops in my eyes (translate: I threw up. 3 times.), so having it removed is going to be oodles of fun. But, it needs to happen. I know I have to suck it up and do it. I just wish I could fall asleep and wake up and it was gone. I guess that’s wishful thinking….

2 comments:

  1. I have the same thing.. It's called a pterygium. (p is silent). You can have it removed but it will most likely grow back. Let's compare in Cabo next week :)

    ReplyDelete