Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hollywood Christmas Parade.

Amy, Debbie, and I went to see the Hollywood Christmas Parade tonight. The parade started at 6pm and since we didn't really know what to expect, we left about 11am in hopes to get a good spot. It took us an hour and a half to get there and we figured out as we got onto the 101 and the 5 was still stopped that everyone was on their way home from their Thanksgiving vacation. When we got there, we decided to check it out before we brought all our gear down (chairs, blankets, ect.) and were surprised that there weren't more people. It was great because we were able to camp out pretty much where I had hoped to (right in front of the Hollywood & Highland shopping center, across from El Capitan theatre. We were in the shade all day and so we were REALLY cold the entire time. If we had been in the sun (or if it wasn't so windy), we would have been toasty warm :) To keep warm, I layered myself: I had on a tank top, long sleeve shirt, a turtleneck sweater, a scarf, a coat, gloves, long johns, jeans, 2 pairs of thick socks, and fake Uggs. Oh and a snuggie on top of it all! I brought an extra sweatshirt and didn't think I'd need it but I'm glad I had it because I was still COLD (I'm a So Cal girl through and through. I'm cold when it's 65 degrees outside)! Here I am all bundled up:





















While camping out by the curb wasn’t all that bad, it did get a bit crowded towards the end. A lady came and stood practically in front of me and my chair. Do people not have any common courtesy or personal space? Apparently not!















The parade itself was okay. The only people we knew were Larry King (the Grand Marshal), Callie from Grey’s Anatomy, and Dick Van Dyke. Everyone else we were like "Who's that?". It "snowed" a little, and to quote Hilary Duff..."When the snow comes down in Tinsletown, you’ll be dancing in Hollywood" :)















The parade lasted about 2 hours (which we were thankful for because by that time we were pretty much frozen!) and ended with Santa of course :)















Although it was a fun (but cold) day, I’m not sure if it’s something we’ll do next year! We’ll see :) In case you want to watch it on TV, here's when it's airing:

December 10 @ 8am on Hallmark Channel
December 10 @ 8pm on Hallmark Movie Channel
December 15 @ 8pm on Hallmark Movie Channel
December 17 @ 8pm on KTLA

For more pictures, click here

2 comments: