Adam, the kids, and I went to Vegas for the annual Baker to Vegas run that Adam participates in. We left Friday night about 7 and got there around 11.
Saturday morning we hit the pool. The weather was great!
After the pool, we went to see the first couple legs of the race. The race is 120 miles with 20 legs. Adam's partner ran leg 2, so we went to see him finish. We drove the course and saw the runners on the side of the road. It was very cool to see.
After that we had dinner in Baker, and then headed back to the hotel. By the time we got back, it was about bed time! It was a long day in the car, but really fun to see.
Adam ran the last leg of the race and started about 7:20am. The kids and I headed down to the convention center to see him finish. They didn't announce him coming in and he was running so fast, we almost missed him! Luckily I had my phone ready so I was able to capture a {blurry} picture.
Their total time was 15:57 and placed 2nd in their division and 48th overall {out of 258 teams}. They rocked it!
We all went to brunch at the Bellagio after. Oh. My. Yumminess. I love breakfast...and dessert....and there was plenty of it all! Here's the team:
After brunch we walked out to see the water show.
We headed back to our hotel after that and went to the pool. It was really crowded, but we still had fun. After the pool, Adam went to the awards ceremony while the kids and I relaxed and watched a movie. When he got back, we went to Treasure Island to see the pirate show, but it was cancelled due to wind :( So we headed across the street to the Venetian to see the gondolas.
Sunday morning we had breakfast with Adam's partner's family and then we went to the pool for a little bit before we had to check out. The pool was the complete opposite of the day before. There was NO ONE there.
We were on the road a little after 12 and stopped at State Line to eat. The drive home was interesting. It was super windy and dusty in the dessert, and then we hit the Cajon Pass and it was foggy.
The trip was a lot of fun. Even though it was long drive on Saturday to see the race course, I'm glad we did it. I enjoyed seeing how it all worked. And next year's race is already on the calendar! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment