Monday, April 1, 2013

Apple Pie.

I was in charge of bringing dessert this year for Easter. Jen is usually the apple pie baker, but since she is kitchenless at the moment, I offered to make it. I've never made one and I love trying new things, so I was all over it. Jen gave me the recipe she used for Thanksgiving and when I read it I had to call her.

Me: Um...do you really bake it in a brown paper bag?
Jen: Yup.
Me: Like a Trader Joe's brown paper bag? In the oven?
Jen: Yup.
Me: Okay....
 I was very sceptical of the brown paper bag {Is it really going to bake? Or make a difference? Is it going to catch on fire in there?}, but let me tell you: This is the best apple pie! I have no idea how the brown paper bag works, but I'm convinced. Not only did it not catch on fire, it caught the juices that overflowed and saved me from having to clean the oven.
 
Please please please, if you ever need to bake an apple pie, use this recipe. You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment