Monday, September 24, 2012

NYC, Day 1.

Since I went to NYC in December, I've wanted to go back. The problem was finding someone to go with me. At the end of July, Amy looked into flights and found a pretty good deal and I was all over it!

We did the same flight and days as Jen and I did last time. We left Wednesday night out of Long Beach and landed in NYC at 5am on Thursday morning. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get to my aunt's apartment by the time we got our luggage and waited for the broken down AirTrain to work again. I visited a little while Amy took a shower and we were out the door by 8:30 to start our day.

The first thing we did was Grand Central Station. We weren't on any time constraint so we sat and people watched for a while. It was actually really fun because we watched this one guy for about 15 minutes and tried to figure out his story. Turns out the people he was waiting for were about 5 feet away from him the entire time. Kinda funny!

We hit Bryant Park on our way to the Empire State Building. The first time I went up the Empire State Building 10 years ago, it was cloudy. This time it was a gorgeous day.

























From there we stopped by Madison Square Park on our way to Washington Square Park.

























Then we went to Lombardi's. Their pizza is famous...and for a reason. It's delish!! We got the same kind Jen and I got last time and it was just as good as I remembered it.

























From there we went to Union Square.  By that time we needed a break, so we sat for a bit. It started to sprinkle, which ironically it did the last time I was there, so we decided it was time for dessert from Chocolate by the Bald Man. Again, every bit as delicious as I remembered!

























From there we headed to Times Square and Rockefeller Center.

























By the time we were done there, it was getting late and we were tired so we headed back to the apartment. I slept so great that night!!

1 comment: