We were pleasantly surprised that we were able to check into the hotel early. We unpacked and headed for the pool!
After we hung there for a while, we decided to try the beach out. It was such a gorgeous day.
After the beach, we headed back to the room and got ready to walk into town to get dinner. Before dinner, we went on a surrey ride.
The kids enjoyed the ride more than the adults!
Dinner was blah, but dessert was so good! We got the James Brownie at MooTime Creamery. Oh. My. Yumminess!!
That whole thing was only $6 and it was worth every single penny and every single calorie.
Saturday morning, my actual birthday, this is what I woke up to:
I'm so lucky!
We went down to the pool for a little bit before we had to leave to go sailing. Marianne and Amy got there around 11, and we all got ready and headed over to Shelter Island to go sailing.
Sailing was so much fun!!
It was true sailing, and the boat sure did tip!! The captain said there is something like 9,000 pounds of titanium on the bottom of the boat that prevents it from tipping over.
There were 2 incidents that could have ended disastrous. Before we left, the captain was getting things ready and fell, and landed on the boat next to us. If that boat hadn't been there, he would have fell in the water. Then, he had gone to put music on and we almost ran into anther boat. Luckily Jen was paying attention and steered us a little as he ran back up to take control. It was a close call!! Other than those 2 things, it was a great time.

Sailing was the highlight of the weekend for me for sure. I love being on a boat.
After sailing, we headed back to the hotel to hang by the pool and beach before dinner.
The restaurant was super close, so we were able to walk.
Dinner was so good!
After dinner, we walked around town a little and went back to MooTime Creamery. I didn't like the tiramsu pictured above. And plus, the James Brownie was just too good not to have again :)
We walked back to the hotel and I opened presents before Amy and Marianne left. The day was by far the best birthday ever. I spent it with my favorite people doing what I love {being on a boat}. And the weather could not have been more perfect! It was truly a perfect day in every sense.
Sunday we woke up and went to breakfast, which is my favorite meal! We walked the town a little before going to the hotel and hanging at the pool and beach before checking out.
Once we checked out, we went down to Silver Strand. There were a bunch of people kite surfing and it was really fun to watch.
We left there around 2 and headed home. I got a massage last night to end a great weekend. Today has been a great day of relaxing and not a whole lot.
This has been the best birthday ever. This weekend was so much fun and I'm so thankful for the people who celebrated with me!




i had to giggle again about our captain falling!
ReplyDelete