Saturday morning we did the Staten Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. Gotta love that it's free! :)
After trying for a week to get tickets to the 9/11 Memorial Site and being unable to get it to work {I tried many times from different computers}, I was finally able to get it to work from my phone Thursday night. After seeing the Statue of Liberty, we headed over to the site. When I went last time, the signs said the museum was supposed to open in Winter 2012. Well it's fall, and its still not open. I was really disappointed! :(
From there we walked through the financial district and hit Lisa's Pizzeria by accident again.
Then we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and over to Brooklyn Bridge Park.
We rested a little at the park and then started our long journey to Coney Island.
We stared off on the right subway, but then transferred onto the wrong one because it was marked wrong. The one we needed was down and we ended up going in the wrong direction for a bit. We were both tired and weren't paying attention to the stops. Eventually I realized the stops weren't right and a nice guy directed us to the right place...sorta. We basically went all the way back to Manhattan and got on the wrong one again. We eventually found the right one and then had to take a shuttle. It was a disaster of a subway experience! About 2 1/2 hours after we left Brooklyn Bridge Park, we got to Coney Island.
It's not as great as I imagined! It could be that we were over it because of how long it took to get there. Or it could just be that's it's not that great! We ate at Nathan's Hot Dogs and walked down the boardwalk a little. The sunset was beautiful!
After we walked around a bit, we decided to go back to the apartment. We took a different line home to avoid the shuttle and headache of before. We got back in time to have cake for my uncle's birthday and visit a little before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment