Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Final Thoughts.

Here are my random thoughts from the trip. In no particular order...
  • We only spent money on food twice - lunch in Cabo and dinner in Puerto Vallarta.
  • My snacks went to waste for sure! I'm not used to free unlimited food ;)
  • The desserts were amazing! The chocolate molten cake was delish.

  • I feel like we did a lot more in Puerto Vallarta than Cabo, even though we only had 1 day instead of 2. For 2 reasons: we were actually docked instead of tendered and we were there 9am-9pm. We were in Cabo 9:30am-6pm {last tender boat was 5:30pm} and 7am-4pm {last tender boat was 3pm}. The reason we had to be back on the ship so early in Cabo was because the tender company in Cabo the cruise uses closes at 5:30pm. And we had to be gone early the 2nd day to get to Puerto Vallarta in time the next morning.
  • I love Cabo. I think it's my favorite vacation spot {besides Powell} but it's probably because it's so similar. Dry weather with a great beach.
  • I have no desire to go back to Puerto Vallarta. I had fun, but I'd much rather go to Cabo.
  • Saturday was really rough at sea. I kinda enjoyed it though. It was fun walking around...think constant earthquake or bad turbulance.
  • The towel animals were kinda fun. We even learned how to make them.

  • If you would have asked me Monday if I'd ever go on a cruise again, I would have said no. After 7 days, I changed my mind. I'd definitely go later in the summer or a warmer climate like the Bahamas. It was kinda cold with the wind.
  • Saturday the winds were 45 MPH. I don't think that includes the wind from moving on the boat. I had to hold onto the railing so I wouldn't blow over. Literally ;)
  • I didn't read quite as much as I hoped or thought. I read 2 of the 4 books I brought. It's the only time I enjoy reading. I get too distracted at home.
  • Amy and I were extremely disappointed  with the pools. They were tiny.
  • The ship had mini golf and a water slide. We didn't use either.
  • All the public bathrooms on board had these on the exit doors. AMAZING! They should be in all public bathrooms. Everywhere.

  • On Tuesday the ship didn't stay in Cabo over night. We went out 12 miles and I assume anchored...I wasn't up to notice. I heard the reason they do it is so people can gamble at the casino. Not sure if I belive that or not.
  • Oh - and the casino smells just like Vegas. Is it because they can smoke in there? I'm convinced they have a casino scent pumped in the vents ;)
  • The food was actually pretty good. Hot dogs...delish. Pizza...very delish. Breakfast, I was in heaven. I love breakfast. Pancakes. Waffles. French toast. Bacon. Eggs. I love it all.
  • Here are 2 videos that show how big the waves were and how much we were bouncing around on Saturday {no volume necessary...it's just wind}.




In case you want to see all the pictures we took, here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment