Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cake Batter.

Okay, who was I kidding when I said 'limited dairy'? I think just myself ;) I have an ongoing love affair with cheese...and yogurt...and....all things dairy. But good to know: I have no problems with dairy. I think it's all the other crap I ate eat ;) Now that that's been settled, let's move on, shall we?

Debbie's birthday is at the end of March but we celebrated early because she won't be in the country for her actual birthday. This gave me an opportunity to make some yumminess of course. I really wanted to try these brownies, but when my sister suggested making ice cream, the thought of cake batter ice cream popped in my head {remember San Luis Obispo or Catalina?}, I decided to go with something more cake batter like to go along with the ice cream. Of course Pinterest helped me in my quest for both an ice cream recipe and a treat to go along with it, like cake batter blondies.

{Alana's 'cheese'. Couldn't you just eat her right up!?}

Let me tell you: the ice cream is to die for. Home made plus cake batter equals major deliciousness. The cake batter blondies were delish too. It's made with Funfetti cake mix but has more of a brownie consistency {white brownie...blondie....get it?} and has white chocolate chips. Um....can you say heavenly!? Add the ice cream and I think I've gone to cake batter Heaven. And possibly into a sugar coma as well ;) But really, what's new? I am a Baker afterall...

It was a fun night with great company and yummy food :) Happy Birthday, Debbie!

2 comments:

  1. Yum is right! If I had any sense of control in my bones, I'd save my blondie for breakfast tomorrow...but it's almost midnight and what would that be with out a snack?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't have self control ;)

    ReplyDelete