Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Recovery.

Just a warning, I’m posting some graphic pictures of my eye. I do this blog for me as well as you and I want documentation! Please forgive me :)

Well the surgery went great, but the recovery, not so much. I was okay over the weekend for the most part – I worked Saturday night and did just fine. Sunday morning I worked in the nursery at church and didn’t do well. At the end of the service my eye was bothering me so much that I didn’t go to church because I just wanted to go home and close my eye. I spent most of the day in bed watching (listening to) movies (like I had for the past 3 days!). I was slightly concerned because my eye looked terrible. Much more red and spread out.


















When I woke up Monday morning it felt good. I felt like the stitches were gone and the scratchiness wasn’t there anymore. I figured I was now getting better, but that afternoon it started bothering me again. Tuesday morning it was bothering me so much that I considered going back to the doctor (I had a follow up appointment on Thursday) but decided against it. In the back of my head I was worried that the stitches came undone because of the look and feel of it, but was afraid to get confirmation! I ended up leaving work a little early Tuesday because I just needed some relief. I didn’t go to the Angel game that night either because I knew I wouldn’t have lasted long. Being outside in the sun and wind would have been a BAD idea.


















This morning I decided to call the doctor’s office on my way into work and see if what I was feeling was normal. The receptionist said that I probably shouldn’t be feeling that way and that if I wanted to come in they would fit me in. Fit me in they did! It must have been a slow day because the doctor saw me right way :) So here’s what’s wrong….the chemical (he used that word, not me!) that they put in my eye to prevent the pterygium from coming back, ate my eye. Okay not really, but apparently there’s a spot on my eye that from what I understand is…exposed or something like that, from said chemical. And guess what? That’s EXACTLY what it feels like. Like the inside of my left eye is raw. So he gave me more drops to help and told me to tape my eye shut over the weekend. I go back Monday to see him again.


My purse is a pharmacy of meds. I have 3 different drops – 1X, 4X, and 8X a day. Then I have to take my antibiotics; those are tricky because you have to take them on an empty stomach – at least an hour before you eat and/or 3 hours after you eat. Very small window of time if you ask me! I think I finally have my routine down, although I feel like every hour I have something to do (for half the day it’s actually the case!). The new drops have helped a lot so I'm hoping it continues to get even better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment