Wednesday night I went out to dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory with my family :) Yum yum! That night I slept surprisingly well...I knew thinking about it would only make things worse, so I didn't.
Thursday morning Aaron picked me up at 8:15 and we were off to Anaheim. We waited....and waited....and waited. They called me back, but it was only a tease; they just took my blood pressure and asked me a bunch of questions and sent me back out to wait some more...and some more. At about 10:30 they finally called me back....only to have me wait even more! They finally gave me a bed and put the IV in, which I did very well with btw. It probably helped that I was laying down :) I layed there for a while and the anaesthesiologist came to give me Vicodin. They came and got me around 11:15 and took me into the OR and the anaesthesiologist gave me a sedative to relax me. I found out why they don't knock you out completely...in this type of procedure, I couldn't go under all the way because I needed to be able to move my eye for the doctor. They did tie my arms down just in case I had the urge to reach up during the surgery! Kinda funny.
I was awake for the entire thing, and it was weird...my left eye was held open and I could see things, but not really well. It was very blurry and colorful. I'm not sure if it was the meds that made it colorful, or if it was actually was! The surgery took maybe 20 minutes...or at least it didn't seem to take much longer than that.
They took me out and had me change and gave me some apple juice. Man I was so thirsty! I wasn't able to drink anything that morning, and normally I drink at least 40 ounces of water before lunch, so I was dying! They called Aaron into the back and I figure we left 15 minutes after that.
I think I was home around 12:15/12:30. I made myself lunch and spent most of the day in bed watching/listening to movies. I say 'listen' because I had a patch over my left eye, and although it didn't hurt to open my right, having my right eye open made my left eye open just slightly and that sorta hurt. So I let my eyes rest a lot, opening them about half the time.
My sister took me to the doctor this morning to have the patch taken off. My eye hurts a little bit if I move it around too much, but other than that, I feel fine. The doctor said that the stitches could take a couple months to dissolve, so that should be interesting since I'm pretty sure that's the reason my eye hurts (it's kinda scratchy). And my vision is a little blurry, but it only bothers me when I'm on the computer. I'm hoping that gets better over the next couple days.
Here are the before and after shots:
The pterygium is gone, but it's really red right now...

Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Aaron for taking me and staying to make sure I didn't need to be held down ;)
That before pic is funny...open wide! And the after pic...well you coulda waited a couple days...ewey!
ReplyDeleteYeah and you can see you taking the picture too.
ReplyDeleteEewey is right, but I wanted documentation!
What's interesting is it's red, but I can't see any stitches. Then again maybe my eyes are bad lol...
ReplyDeleteJosh