I have exactly one week to go until my eye surgery. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am!!! Do the multiple exclamation points help? I think my vision has gotten worse by the day, and driving at night is not easy. I’m hoping that after the surgery, my eye sight will go back to normal (or normal for me!). Otherwise, I need to get glasses for driving at night. (In case you’re just tuning in, click here to read about my eye adventure, from the bottom up). Moving on....
I called the doctor on Tuesday to get some basic information, like how long the procedure is, if I can work the next day, ect. The procedure is only 15-20 minutes, which is good. I'll have an eye patch Thursday (Ahoy matey!) and I'll go in Friday to have it taken off. Other than being sensitive to light, I should be back to normal Friday. We shall see (hahahaha!).
The excitement outweighs the nervousness right now, only because it’s still far enough away and the annoyance it brings is taking its toll. I know the part I’m dreading is small and short-term compared to the results, so I’m trying to keep my focus on that. If I don’t, I’m gonna be a wreck on surgery day! Think positive (or not at all...).
Tomorrow I’m off to my last hurrah before doom day. I get to spend the weekend camping at the beach with my grandparents :) Yay for family time!
No comments:
Post a Comment