We set up camp Sunday afternoon and just hung out.
Monday we didn't do a whole lot. My aunt and uncle came that day and set up their site {they were going to come last year, but their motor home broke down on the way}. We pretty much hung out on the beach all day. I didn't take a lot of pictures because not much went on! We were warned that bike locks were being cut and bikes stolen, so we put our bikes in the car every night before bed.
Tuesday was party day! We had a bunch of family come down for my grandma's birthday, including Marianne and the kids, Malinda and Hanna, Michele and her 3 boys, and my mom {who actually came down everyday after work}. A lot of us went on a bike ride...
We hung out on the beach and caught up. Here's some of the cuties...
{Elijah's eyes melt my heart!}
After dinner we sang to my grandma for her birthday. Kai had his eye on that cupcake, and great grandma let him dig in a little. We all froze in the middle of the song...like watching a train wreck about to occur!
He only got a little frosting and he survived :) {Marianne brought the cupckaes btw}. Alana devoured one....
And here's my family {I have to say that the reason I look so far away was because there was a big rock in the sand...I didn't think I was really that far away}.
Wednesday was another day laying on the beach and having fun. The day before Alana was a turkey and wouldn't hang with us on the beach, but Wednesday she sat in a chair and watched mommy's iPhone.
Here is our campsite, from the beach {our maroon and green tents are to the left of the motor home}.
Hanging out in the motor home Wednesday afternoon...
And of course we had a campfire and s'mores every night!
Me and my grandparents hanging by the fire :)
The weather was gorgeous the entire time, unlike last year. Perfect with cloudy, cool mornings {makes for sleeping in till 8 much easier!} and the sun popped out by late morning {in time to get a good tan!}.
We were able to send a lot of our stuff home with Aaron and my mom on Wednesday night and that made packing up this morning super easy! We didn't hang around the beach like we normally do, and were home around 10 this morning. As usual, I've been extremely productive....cleaning, laundry, the usual. We had a great time but I'm glad to be home. No noisy neighbors this year, but my air mattress wouldn't hold air, so I'm looking forward to my soft bed tonight :)
And in case you were wondering, these were delish :)





No comments:
Post a Comment