Saturday, June 23, 2012

Artichokes.

Something most of you already know about me is that I'm a picky eater. Although I've ventured out more the past few years, I still have a limited pallet and prefer most things on a kids menu. The one surprising thing I've loved for a long time are artichokes. It's pretty much the only vegetable I like. A friend on Pinterest pinned a bunch of artichoke recipes recently and I repinned a couple that looked good. When I went to the store a few days later, I bought a couple artichokes to test out.

This recipe called for baking, not steaming, the artichoke and I was definitely intrigued. It said to put all the seasonings on the artichoke and wrap it in foil and bake at 400 degrees for an hour. I put garlic, Parmesan cheese, a little butter, and lemon juice in mine.

I didn't want to over cook it, so I checked it after 45 minutes. It still needed to be cooked a lot more...another 45 minutes later it was done enough to eat. I could have left it in there a little longer, but I was hungry!

























I didn't have to dip the leaves in anything because all the yumminess was already baked into it! It was yummy, but it took a lot longer than I would have liked. I think 45 minutes to an hour to steam is long! I probably won't cook it this way again, but I'm glad I tried it.

1 comment:

  1. "Do you have anything for me?"June 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

    You have got to stop this...my mouth is seriously watering right now at 10 o'clock at night! If only artichokes weren't $4 a pop at the store. One day, I'd love to try grill them after having steamed...

    ReplyDelete