I'm back at it! Did you miss me? ;)
There are so many recipes on Pinterest that I want to try, I need excuses to do it {translate: people to help me eat the yummy creations}. This year for Thanksgiving, I'm making mac n cheese {for me and the kiddies} and I wanted to make something sweet too. I found these and thought they were festive enough to work.
The result? They're yummy, but not delish. I didn't make them into sandwich cookies like the directions say to do, so really they're maple sugar cookies. Which I'm fine with, but next time I'll make them differently. I like the idea of maple, but they're a little dry and not quite maple-y enough. I changed the frosting a little too after frosting a few cookies {the recipe is more like cupcake frosting than cookie frosting, which just means it was too thick for my liking}. I'm sure they won't be quite as popular as the apple and pumpkin pies, but I'm glad I tried them and hopefully others will still enjoy them :)
Happy 2 days before Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment