I know it's been a while. But this is {partly} why...
Have you heard of this show?
No? You're missing out! It's not on the air anymore {it ended this summer} but thanks to Netflix, I've had the privilege of watching the entire series. All 76 episodes. I won't tell you when I started because I don't want your judgment ;) That's why I haven't posted lately. Blogging went on hold, Pinterest went on hold {for the most part}. Yup, it's that good. It doesn't take much for me to get addicted to things {hmmm...think I have issues?}, but this one isn't lame like the other ones I love. I promise.
There are so many things I love about it. The accents {it's Texas}, the southern politeness {yes ma'am, no sir}, the strong characters {especially the males}, even the football {shocker, I know!}. The main character, Coach Eric Taylor is so passionate. About everything: his wife, his daughters, football, his team, life. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that he's kinda handsome too ;)
What I love most about the show is the portrayal of the marriage of Eric & Tami. It's refreshing to see such a loving and supportive marriage on TV. Now don't get me wrong, it's not perfect. I mean, what marriage is? It's real. Sacrifices are made; compromises agreed upon. There are issues, but they work through them. I just don't remember ever seeing a show that portrays a relationship this deeply. I think it's great.
While I enjoyed all 5 seasons, I liked the first 3 seasons better than the last 2. They made a big change at the beginning of the 4th season that I didn't really like or understand. The only reason I can think of why they did it was to add more to the story line, but I think they could have made it work the way it was. I eventually got used to it, then at the very end they changed it back. I get why they did it the second time, but still wish they wouldn't have made it to begin with.
Despite all the changes, I love this show. I really enjoyed seeing the growth of the characters over the 5 year span. Some left, some came back, new ones appeared. It's typical TV, and typical life really. Now that I'm finished, I will miss these characters; I miss the ones that left and didn't come back. But I will soon find something else to get addicted to and forget all about the small town of Dillon, Texas. Until then, "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!" <3

No comments:
Post a Comment