Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing.

I saw the ophthalmologist this morning about my eye. What a complete and utter waste of time and money!

As you recall (<-- click that link) last time I threw up when they put drops in my eyes. This morning when the assistant had the drops out to dilate my eyes, I told her I didn’t want them dilated and I was pleasantly surprised she was okay with that. Last time I was pressured into it. I sat happily at that point and waited for the doctor. He came in and took a look at my eye and said that it needed to be removed (thank you for confirming what I already knew). He then took out the numbing drops and I said I didn’t want them and he asked why. I told him I had thrown up in the past with them and that I didn’t want to go through that again. He then proceeded to say that he was going to refer me to another doctor because he didn’t want to deal with me and the situation of having it removed if I was like that. He said he was too old to do that. Amen to him being old.

He tried to cover up rejecting me by saying that my insurance will like the new doctor better because he works out of an outpatient center instead of a hospital. Whatever, old man. My feelings aren’t hurt. I am the way I am and if you can’t handle me, I’m fine with that. I want a doctor who will be sympathetic and encouraging through the process, and you, sir, are not. I know that the Lord is answering prayers with this change.

The thing that makes me mad is that I spent $40 for this doctor to do nothing, other than tell me what I already knew. And now I have to wait for another referral to go through and make another appointment to spend another $40.

So now, I sit. I wait. I wish.

1 comment:

  1. At least he was honest! It'd be an interesting world if we all walked around telling the truth and no one was offended by it!

    ReplyDelete