Thursday morning, my mom came in and woke me up to tell me I had a flat tire. I laid in bed after she left and thought 'that sucks, but whatcha gonna do?' So, I got up and went outside to see, and of course called my handy-man/brother-in-law/boss/go-to-guy.
He told me to fill my tire up with air, give it some time and see if the air held. As I was talking to him, I saw the trail I had left that ran all the way down the driveway to the street. My tire had been very low when I pulled in the night before (and obviously I had no idea). So, I start filling my tire with air, and as soon as I stopped I could hear the air coming out :( My sister let me borrow her car to go get Fix-A-Flat so I could drive my car to the tire place by my office. Of course the entire way to the office (not far - about 6 miles) I was trying not to freak out. I am a complete worry wart (did you read Adventures in Biking or Adventures in Biking, Part 2!?) and kept worrying that the tire would go flat on the way there (a great fear of mine is getting a flat tire and not knowing, though I have no idea where it stems from). Well, I pulled into the tire place and the tire was pretty low, but not as bad as I had imagined in my head (yeah I know, I've got issues). I was close to needing new tires and since I had to get one new tire, I just decided to get all new tires. They told me in the morning it would be a couple hours (first lie), then when I called at 3:30 they said it was 80% done and that it would be ready about 4-4:15 (second lie). I left the office at 4:15 and walked the 5 minutes to the tire place, only for them to tell me it would be another 10-15 minutes (third lie). A half hour later I was on my way home (though I would have to go back to have them do the front alignment because they didn't have enough time, even though they had my car since 9:30am). I didn't get the same tires that were on my car and opted to go for a less expensive tire, but when I looked at my car when it was done, it just looked funny. I couldn't really pin point exactly what it was that I didn't like, I just knew I didn't like them. I couldn't let it go (as I've said, I've got issues), so I decided when I took it back to have the alignment done, that I was going to have the other tires (the same ones that were on there) put on instead. Being anal is expensive, but I'm happy now :) So many things to be thankful for though - that I was at home when it happened, that Aaron helped me through what to do, that my sister let me borrow her car to get the Fix-A-Flat. Also, I figure it was God's way of telling me I needed new tires before my road tip to Phoenix in March. Who knows what He saved me from on that trip :)

No comments:
Post a Comment