Saturday, January 1, 2011

Food, Inc.

As most of you know, I'm not the healthiest eater. Though, you should know as well, it's not because I don't want to be healthy, it's because I don't really like healthy foods. Veggies make a RARE appearance (I hope the bold, italics, underlined, all caps adds some emphasis to the word), while cheese is the star (along with sugar...mmmmm anything with sugar!). I can't change what I like and don't like, but I'm going to try to make healthier choices. I was inspired by a conversation with my mom's friends about food and what we eat. Food, Inc. (the documentary) was discussed, and I was happy to find out that it was on instant queue on Netflix. After watching it, it only drove home more the change I wanted to make. It's going to be a slow process and I'm hoping that it won't be just a phase, but a lifestyle change. Don't go thinking I'm going vegan (not possible for little Lisa!) or even vegetarian (though probably more so than I already am). It's going to be more organic, more vitamins, and trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies (via smoothies, because that's the only way I can get it down!). My only 2 obstacles will be that it's a lot of work and more expensive (I think I've got the mind-set thing down, at least for now!). So wish me luck and don't judge me when I have an off day and eat my weight in Oreos ;)

Happy New Year <3

No comments:

Post a Comment